The Department's Policy on undergraduate advising is that students can seek academic advising from any permanent faculty member in the Department. If you have taken or are currently taking a course with one of our faculty members and are comfortable talking with them, you are welcome to seek them out for advice. We DO NOT require that you see our Undergraduate Chair, Professor Ehito Kimura, although it is always a good idea. Please see the office staff in Saunders 640 if you have any questions.

If you wish to make an appointment with a faculty member, please e–mail or call them. As a side note, the staff in the main office does not regularly keep track of faculty schedules, and can only provide office hours and contact information.

Academic Grievance Policy

If you have a concern regarding a course grade or and academic grievance, please carefully read and follow the instructions for formally addressing your concerns here: If you have questions about how to proceed, please contact the Department Chair.