Pi Sigma Alpha
The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa is home to the Tau Pi Chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society. Membership is open to undergraduate juniors and seniors interested in Political Science and graduate students pursuing a degree in Political Science.
- Recognition of academic excellence in Political Science
- Graduation medallion and/or honor cords
- Initiation Certificates
- Opportunities for administrative experience as a PSA officer
- Howard Penniman Scholarships for Graduate Study
- Professional awards for faculty member (Franklin L. Burdette Award and other Best Paper Awards)
- Access to PSA internship and job listing
- Email updates for upcoming PSA and other politically oriented events
- Graduate with a Medallion as a symbol of your academic excellence through the nationally recognized Political Science Honors Society
- Network with other Political Science Students and faculty
- Member in an ACHS member society carries with it a tangible acknowledgment of merit for Federal employment. As long as the applicant meets the requirements as described in the job announcement, honor society membership may fulfill one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level in numerous professional and technical occupations in the Federal Service
- Student members of each ACHS member society may qualify for internship scholarships with the Washington Internship Institute, The Fund for American Studies, and the Washington Center of Internships and Academic Seminars
Membership in PSA is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students currently enrolled in programs of political science. Eligible members also include Political Science Faculty.
- Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student
- Minimum of 10 semester credits in Political science including at least one upper-division course
- Minimum 3.3 GPA overall
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Political Science courses
Note: Undergraduate Students need NOT be political science majors to qualify for membership, but Graduate Students must be pursuing a degree in political science to qualify for membership.
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in bocoming a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, please send an e-mail to Colleen Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org .
There is a lifetime membership fee of only $35 which will automatically include your initiation certificate from the National Office of Pi Sigma Alpha and an enamel lapel pin.